Saturday, January 23, 2010

Glittered Glass Ornament


Greetings!
Here's ornament #2 for my snowman tree. I can't decide if I like the snow-filled ornament from yesterday's post or this glittery blue one best.
Years ago, my Mom and I made these ornaments by filling the glass ornaments with paint. In fact, when I was a "Room Mom" at the boys elementary school, the kiddos made them at their holiday party. I remember how long it took for the paint to drip from the ornament!!
This one is made using my Pacific Point re-inker. I LOVE this vibrant blue inside this glass ornament. I haven't used this color in any stamping projects yet...I think the wrapper is still on the ink pad!!
This is another easy, yet a little messy project! (My fingers are still blue!) Simply squeeze drops of ink into the top of the ornament and work it around the inside until the inside is totally covered. I turned the ornament upside down and let any remaining ink drip out of the top. Then comes the glitter! Pour some of your dazzling diamonds into the top, shake it around and dump out the excess glitter. Replace the silver ornament topper and you're finished. I added the vinyl white die-cut snowflake to match my other ornaments.
Thanks for stopping by!
Stampin' Up! Supplies: Pacific Point re-inker, Dazzling Diamonds, White Taffeta Ribbon, Sizzix Snowflake die
Other Supplies: Glass Ornament, White Vinyl, Swirly Ornament Holder

No comments: