Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh So Sweet Tilda

Good Evening!

I finally had a chance to ink up my new little "Sweet Tilda". I think she is absolutely my favorite Magnolia stamp! (Of course now that I've seen the new images from the Hoppy Easter Collection and I will soon have some new favorites!!)



I've tried to use some tips from Suzanne Dean's wonderful tutorial for coloring with Copics to look like Distress inks. You can find Suzanne's tutorials here. She is so incredibly talented! It is definitely a technique that requires a lot of practice...and a lot of paper!!


I've created this card for sketch challenge#93 over at Friday Sketchers. It's another fabulous design from Jacque and I've included her sketch below!



The final photo shows the same card with a different ribbon around the center of the card. I couldn't decide if I liked the crocheted trim or the sheer ribbon better, so I've tried it both ways. The card stock is from SU, the designer paper is Cosmo Cricket. I've added a little chipboard heart that is also covered in SU card stock.

Here is a list of the Copic colors:
E000, E00, E31, E33, E35, R000, R00, R20, B0000 and 0-Colorless Blender

Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog!
Julie

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is to adorable I just realized we used the same tilda
How funny is that and she is so cute

Barb Hardeman said...

Awww! Which ever ribbon you decid upon will be wonderful. I love it both ways! You'v done a fabulous job coloring her with Suzanne's technique! What an adorable card...

Gina K said...

She's adorable with all of her peachy sweetness! Love these soft colors. Gina L. Oh, and I like the double ribbon. (smile)

raindropecho said...

Aww so adorable! Love that vintage lace in the background!
- Ann

Only By His Grace said...

A lovely card Julie. You did a great job colouring like distress inks. My favourite would have to be the one with the lace but both are lovely.
Hugs Marion

Cami said...

Both cards are pretty, Julie! I like how you colored Tilda with distress inks. Either the ribbon or the lace looks nice. Hugs, Cami

Mary Beths Crafts said...

She is very sweet. You did a great job making her look even more sweet with the lace..

Peggie said...

How sweet. I like the ribbon better but either way it is a great card.

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!! I love this image!!! Such pretty papers and love the lace!
:)Kathy

Glenda Mollet said...

Awesome card, Julie. I love this image too!

Robin said...

Super cute card. I too love this Tilda image...I can't wait for her to be back in stock. Awesome job of the coloring!!!

akuperstein said...

Your card is fantastic. Love the gentle colors!
Andrea

Angelwood said...

Such lovely soft colors. Your card is simply beautiful. hugs, Angela

Nancy said...

Julie your card is beautiful! Love how you have colored Tilda she is adorable.
Hugs,
Nancy

Karen W said...

Julie she is so sweet! Love the color yo choose and you did the sketch proud.

Maureen said...

Aw, too cute!!! I can't wait to get mine; she's on order! Your card is lovely; the colours you chose are beautiful together. Well done!

Jeanine said...

Julie another job perfectly done!!! You can almost "feel" the softness of the colors. I feel so lucky to have you as my teacher. Sorry I can't be there for the make n take today!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a darling little Tilda card!
Huggies ~
Sharron ♥

cabio's craft corner said...

She is such a sweetie and love your coloring on her Julie. Fun to see the same card with two different ribbons. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Christine Riley said...

Beautiful! I love your layout and the ribbons are so pretty.
Hugs, Christine

Michele Roos said...

WOW!!! Love your Beautiful card Julie! Hugs Michele x