Monday, March 29, 2010

A Big Bunny Hug

Good Morning!

For my card today I'm using an absolutely adorable stamp from Inky Antics! This large bunny is just one image in the clear stamp set called "Carrot Bunny". The set includes 2 bunnies, 4 sentiments and a bunch of little carrots. I'll be posting another sample using this same set tomorrow!

Here is the greeting I chose for the inside of the card. Gotta Love It!!


I apologize that my photograph doesn't show all of the copic coloring very well. The large white bunny is actually shaded with a C1 marker. I've used some pink chalk to give his cheeks some rosy color and to color the inside of the ears.

For the large carrot, I wanted to try a fun technique using the Copic colorless blender solution. (We were shown this technique in the Copic Certification class I took last Fall.) I colored the carrot with my copic markers first. Next, I dabbed some colorless blender solution on a small scrap of cloth and then lightly touched the cloth to the carrot. It left the texture from my cloth on the carrot.


This is one of the 5 cards we'll be making in my upcoming Copic class at the Scrapbook Page. The card design is very simple so that we plenty of time to color all of our images in class. The orange card stock is embossed with the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder just to give this little cutie some texture.

We have a cute little white bunny of our own named "Mr. Bunz" so I just had to snap a few pictures of our little furry friend. He's a little Mini Rex and super cute and cuddly!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Julie

No comments: